Ingredients: purple carrot, carrot, parsnip, French bean, millet, rice
First time trying: millet
- wash the ingredients clean
- peel the skin of purple carrot, carrot and parsnip
- cut the ingredients to small chunks
- put purple carrot, carrot, parsnip, millet and rice in a small pot
- add water until it covers the ingredients and half of the pot
- stove cook for 45 minutes to one hour
- stir occasionally
- add french bean and continue to boil for another 5 minutes before turning off fire
- once done, put cooked porridge in food processor, blend for smoother consistency. Serve.
How to prepare your millet:
- Rinse the millet thoroughly in purified water to remove any stones or unhulled pieces.
- Soak the millet for 8 – 12 hours in purified, room temperature water.
- Before cooking, rinse the millet thoroughly in purified water.
Remark: normally mommy Sheree soak millet in ceramic bowl and cover it, leave in fridge overnight.