Ingredients: bitter gourd, pork rib, ginger, red dates, water
First time trying: Bitter gourd
- wash the ingredients clean
- use hot water to run over pork ribs
- peel bitter gourd and cut in half lengthwise, remove the seeds
- rub small amount of salt on the bitter gourd, rinse off.
- slice bitter gourd and ginger
- put all the ingredients in a bowl
- fill in water and bring to boil
- once it is boiling, turn to medium heat and continue to boil for another 1.5-2 hours
- serve with rice or mee
Remarks: Bitter gourd soup is often cooked by the Chinese when the weather is hot as it believed to have cooling effects on the body.